Friday, May 1, 2015

Welcome to Ashleigh's Travel Journey

Welcome to Ashleigh's Travel Journey! As some of you may know, I've been blogging on Ashleigh's Education Journey for the past four years, and I've grown to love the blogging process and community. After spending hours upon hours on the Internet looking for vacation ideas for my young family, I thought why not? Let's give this a try! I'd love to share some of the highlights and lessons learned from some of our {not so many} and {not so exotic} vacations and experiences.

Since I've been stuck inside with the kiddos for four days now, I have some extra time on my hands. I googled 'travel blogs' and at least glimpsed at every link on the first 15 pages of Google. I saw some amazing websites, blogs, articles, and pictures. However, it struck me that I'm totally different from any of the bloggers that I found today. Don't get me wrong, the blogs are incredible. In fact, there is a part of me that envies that lifestyle of travel, but it's just not me. I'm not the type of person to be able to live a nomadic life, and I'm not comfortable in completely remote and exotic locations, especially with two young children.

I have a five year old daughter and a two year old son, and they bring me more joy (and stress) than I ever imagined possible. I teach third grade, create educational resources, as well as maintain my education blog. My husband also has a full time job and is responsible for keeping me sane whenever I start to feel like everything is spiraling out of control. Despite our hectic lives, we do LOVE to travel and explore new places as often as we can. Sometimes I wish we had traveled more before we had children, but to be honest we just couldn't afford to do as much as we wanted since we were both just starting our careers.

My goal for this blog is to share some of our hits and misses of our little family's adventures. I can't wait to get started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment